Skip to main content

Fred’s Distilled Valuable Lessons Of 51 Years Of life

 



Self Written


Happy Birthday To Me


Early Childhood Memories

I was born on a Thursday in 1974 at Harare Hospital. My parents lived in Tafara, but my memories of that time are faint. However, I vividly remember moments from 1977 when we lived in Zengeza 2, Chikunguru street. My sharp memory also recalls our move to Zengeza 3 in 1978, when my only sister was born. Even at a young age, I demonstrated a talent for storytelling and narration, skills that would eventually blossom into my writing and music.


Challenges and Triumphs

My first infant challenge was being raised in the Liberation Struggle.  Bullying took its toll again, which left me eager to outgrow infancy and end the teasing. Fortunately, I didn’t face significant learning challenges in primary school, thanks in part to my excellent first teacher, the late Mr. Dzvengwe. My desire to learn and grow only intensified as I progressed through school. However, secondary school presented new obstacles, particularly when I was sent to a boarding school where I struggled to find my place among the children of wealthy businesspeople. Despite these challenges, I persevered and managed to achieve 5 O Levels in one sitting.


Career and Passions

My professional journey began when I was employed as a general hand at Olivine Industries. This role opened my eyes to the world of commerce and sparked my interest in marketing and business management. I pursued these passions, becoming a qualified marketer and development practitioner. My involvement in social marketing and advocacy for development has been a highlight of my career. In recent years, I discovered a new passion for creative expression, including writing, song writing, singing, poetry, and music management. These talents have become an integral part of my life, allowing me to tap into my imagination and connect with others on a deeper level.


Literary and Musical Pursuits

I have also been working on several creative projects, including:


“Fight Adversaries And Become Your Own Leader," a self-help book that aims to inspire readers to take control of their lives.

- "Sarudzai," a Shona novel that explores themes of love, family, and identity.

- "Akua," an English novel that tells a true story of women's empowerment through love, highlighting the transformative power of love and relationships in overcoming adversity.

- A poetry collection that showcases my creative expression and emotional depth.

- My music, which can be found on YouTube, and features a unique blend of traditional and contemporary styles.

These projects have allowed me to express myself in new and innovative ways, and I am excited to share them with the world in the near future.


Relationships and Love

I got married in 1999, but the marriage lasted only nine years. The divorce was a turning point in my life, forcing me to re-evaluate my priorities and goals. Although it wasn’t easy, I emerged from this experience stronger and more resilient. I remarried and am grateful to have found happiness once more. Through my experiences, I’ve come to understand that love requires forgiveness, compromise, and a willingness to grow together. 


“Love is the ability to forgo the weaknesses of others and work to stop being affected'’.


Personal Growth and Lessons

My life has taught me the importance of self-reliance, resilience, and adaptability. I’ve learned to focus on my own growth and development, rather than comparing myself to others. By embracing my unique strengths and talents, I’ve been able to overcome obstacles and achieve my goals. I’ve also come to appreciate the value of creativity and self-expression, which have brought joy and fulfillment to my life.


Resilience and Perseverance

Throughout my journey, I’ve relied on my inner strength and determination to overcome challenges. I’ve learned to trust myself and my abilities, even when faced with uncertainty. My late-discovered talents for writing, music, and creative expression have become a source of inspiration and motivation, reminding me that it’s never too late to pursue new passions and interests.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

It’s Not The End Of The World

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga    This story is based on a true story and I have edited names so that someone is inspired out there. Resilience makes great changes in people's lives, don't commit Suicide     Fadzai sat on the edge of her bed, feeling empty and defeated. She had never felt so alone in her life. Thomas’s brief and dismissive response on the phone had left her reeling. She thought about her daughter, Rungano, who was now misbehaving at school, and how she was struggling to cope with the absence of her father.   Thomas had gone to South Africa for greener pastures leaving Fadzai with their only daughter behind. The plan was to relocate to South Africa as soon as Thomas had settled. In the first six months Thomas supported Fadzai with groceries, school fees and rentals. A shift began after Thomas had started seeing other women in South Africa. Thomas started sending money enough for rentals, school fees and a few groceries. The...