Skip to main content

United Methodist Church: A Path of Continuous Improvement

  



Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga 


As a product of the United Methodist Church, I've come to realize the immense value of the administrative, business and leadership skills that the church imparts. Initially, I didn't appreciate these aspects, but after exploring other denominations, I returned to the United Methodist Church, recognizing its exceptional leadership development opportunities.


The church's reporting system has had a profound impact on my self-development, and the process of worship, family ministering, and starting new churches has equipped me with replicable skills that I've applied to my daily life. Through the United Methodist Church, I've developed strong decision-making skills, strategic thinking, and effective communication.


These skills have, in turn, fostered my commitment to transparency and social justice, which are now core values that I uphold in all my endeavors. I've come to expect accountability and fairness in any group or association I'm part of, and I attribute these expectations to my United Methodist Church upbringing.


Attending a United Methodist Church Mission School further enriched my experience. What sets the United Methodist Church apart is its democratic system, which promotes accountability and makes it difficult for individuals to misuse congregational funds. While no system is perfect, I appreciate the church's social engaging approach that nurtures confident leaders.


The United Methodist Church has produced leaders who have gone on to excel in government and other prominent institutions. My roots in Methodism run deep, and I'm committed to continuing my support for the United Methodist Church, recognizing its vital role in shaping future leaders.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Guiltiness Makes You The Weaker

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga When you are guilty, you become weaker than the one you wronged. This is because guilt can lead to feelings of vulnerability, defensiveness, and anxiety, ultimately eroding your confidence and power in relationships. Avoid being on the wrong side of expectations. When you fail to meet expectations, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can damage trust and credibility. This can lead to feelings of resentment and anger from others. Do not raise hopes that you will comply. Being transparent and honest about your intentions and capabilities is crucial. Avoid making promises or commitments that you may not be able to keep, as this can lead to disappointment and mistrust. It’s good to be open during deliberations. Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship or negotiation. Being transparent about your thoughts, feelings, and intentions can help build trust and foster constructive dialogue. Key principles to uphold: 1. Be firm...