Skip to main content

Power, Money, and Vulnerability

 



Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga


Power attracts wealth, while vulnerability invites poverty. Life is territorial, and every individual needs a sense of belonging and a legitimate claim to a particular area of influence. This autonomy, born from controlling and deciding over one’s claim, is the essence of power.


Territorial Claims

In the animal kingdom, territorial claims are evident. Within a claimed territory, no other animal dominates besides the claimant. Similarly, humans need claims to survive. Every person must have an area of dominance for economic exchange to occur.


The Importance of Exchange

No individual or territory has adequate supplies, making the exchange of value essential. This exchange is the foundation of economic benefits. If a person or territory isn’t part of this exchange, they’ll miss out on benefits.


Reasons for Vulnerability

1. Enmity: Enmity refers to people who displace you from your area of claim, leaving you vulnerable.

2. Self-Unconsciousness: Sometimes, benefits are perceived as sacred or out of reach. A person may be unaware they deserve a claim.

3. Nationalization: Centralized power and resources can leave many people struggling for resources and power, unaware of how to contribute positively.

4. Lack of Tangible Claims: Not having tangible claims can lead to vulnerability. Examples of tangible claims include:


Tangible Claims

1. Land: Each piece of land has its natural advantages, such as agriculture, estate development, leasing, and plantations. More complex uses, like mining, require expert exploration.

2. Expertise and Skills: The ability to turn resources into money is a valuable claim. Formal training and education enable individuals to become skilled.

3. Business: Establishing a business positions one for viable claims. Patents, trademarks, and competitive advantages strengthen these claims.

4. Creativity and Innovation: Intellectual Property rights are significant claims. Art, engineering, technology, and other creative pursuits enable individuals to establish personal claims.

5. Wealth: Saving, investing, and buying properties preserve claimable wealth for times of need or future generations.


By understanding these concepts, individuals can take steps to establish their claims, exchange value, and attract wealth.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

Unavailability Of An Official Music Distribution System Depriving Upcoming Musicians.

Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga FFF   Music is important to our lives, I personally would not function well if all the music in the world is quietened. Actually it’s naturally impossible to stop all music playing. Have you ever walked into a thick forest alone. An unknown bird will volunteer to entertain you. Maybe the ability to choose the music you prefer is what can be affected but otherwise music will always play,  no one can ever stop music. Singers and musicians get inspired by a lot of societal happenings, with the intention to inform, tell a story and entertain musicians reveal complicated issues that are not easily communicable in public. They make songs out of unpalatable subjects and mitigate their effects to the society in the process.  Oliver Mtukudzi sang Tozeza Baba. The song is a narration of children’s perception of their abusive father who beats up their mother. The children express how this vacuums out their happiness. Weather the song has been played ...