Skip to main content

Compulsory Power Facts

 




Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga


Power is the ability to influence without resistance or resentment. A classic example is water, which effortlessly flows downhill, its power increasing with volume.


Key Factors of Power

To wield power effectively, consider the following essential elements:


1. Domain

Establish an area of influence, expertise, and high knowledge that sets you apart from others. In today’s competitive landscape, this domain serves as your foundation for power. Just as water flows and traces low gradients, increasing its force until it reaches the sea, continue to expand your influence until you achieve global recognition.


2. Relatedness

Influence requires connection with others. Build relationships where people accept your guidance, fostering a sense of community and shared goals. Command is derived from subscription – the willingness to be associated with your influence. The deeper your command, the more cohesive your following will be. Let the benefits of your influence lead to loyal dependency.


3. Exploration

Understand the needs and challenges of those around you. Listen actively, and offer tailored solutions to their problems. This empathetic approach helps build trust and strengthens your influence.


4. Sophistication

In a world where everyone seeks power, discretion is key. Guard your strategies and maintain exclusivity to preserve your unique influence.


5. Change

Stay adaptable and innovative. As needs evolve, adjust your approach to remain relevant and effective. This flexibility ensures your power remains a valuable resource.


By mastering these principles, you’ll be better equipped to wield power, influence, and positive change in your world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

It’s Not The End Of The World

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga    This story is based on a true story and I have edited names so that someone is inspired out there. Resilience makes great changes in people's lives, don't commit Suicide     Fadzai sat on the edge of her bed, feeling empty and defeated. She had never felt so alone in her life. Thomas’s brief and dismissive response on the phone had left her reeling. She thought about her daughter, Rungano, who was now misbehaving at school, and how she was struggling to cope with the absence of her father.   Thomas had gone to South Africa for greener pastures leaving Fadzai with their only daughter behind. The plan was to relocate to South Africa as soon as Thomas had settled. In the first six months Thomas supported Fadzai with groceries, school fees and rentals. A shift began after Thomas had started seeing other women in South Africa. Thomas started sending money enough for rentals, school fees and a few groceries. The...