Skip to main content

Instinct To Strategy: Never Give Up

 





Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga


Your first attempt at anything is often driven by instinct and natural talent. It’s the unbridled enthusiasm of diving into the unknown, fueled by curiosity and determination. This initial effort is essential, as it lays the groundwork for future success.


From the experience of failure or success, formulate strategies for improved or corrected outcomes.


The Turning Point

However, it’s the second attempt that separates the champions from the beginners. This is where strategy kicks in – where you refine your approach, analyze your mistakes, and adjust your tactics. The second trial is a deliberate and calculated effort, backed by experience and insight.


The Difference Between Luck and Mastery

The first try might bring luck, but the second try brings mastery. It’s the difference between a flash of inspiration and a well-crafted plan. By embracing the second trial, you’re not just doubling your efforts – you’re exponentially increasing your chances of success.


What is Strategy?

A thoughtful and deliberate plan of action, designed to achieve a specific goal or objective, by allocating resources, anticipating obstacles, and leveraging opportunities.


The Power of Perseverance

Perseverance is the unwavering ability to hold on in the face of defeat and failure, fueled by the hope that you will emerge smarter and stronger another day. Just as you can’t cross a river without first navigating its waters, knowledge requires perseverance. It’s the catalyst that transforms experience into wisdom, and obstacles into opportunities.


The Takeaway

So, don’t be discouraged by setbacks or failures on your first attempt. Instead, use them as a stepping stone for your second trial. Remember, strategy is what separates the winners from the losers. Will you take the leap and turn your natural effort into a winning strategy?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

It’s Not The End Of The World

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga    This story is based on a true story and I have edited names so that someone is inspired out there. Resilience makes great changes in people's lives, don't commit Suicide     Fadzai sat on the edge of her bed, feeling empty and defeated. She had never felt so alone in her life. Thomas’s brief and dismissive response on the phone had left her reeling. She thought about her daughter, Rungano, who was now misbehaving at school, and how she was struggling to cope with the absence of her father.   Thomas had gone to South Africa for greener pastures leaving Fadzai with their only daughter behind. The plan was to relocate to South Africa as soon as Thomas had settled. In the first six months Thomas supported Fadzai with groceries, school fees and rentals. A shift began after Thomas had started seeing other women in South Africa. Thomas started sending money enough for rentals, school fees and a few groceries. The...