Skip to main content

Potential Promoted or Shattered

 




Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga


Every person is born with immense potential. However, it’s the experiences, environments and influences that shape their mind that ultimately direct their influence. Instead of waiting for the environment to reward you, control the environment to suit you and promote your growth.


Understanding the motivations of your potential supporters is crucial. They may require either tangible or intangible rewards. When resources are limited, fostering morally deep connections with supporters becomes vital. This encourages potential destiny helpers to seek benefits beyond financial transactions.


The Role of Support in Unlocking Potential

People supporting your cause may be driven by various motivations. Some anticipate tangible benefits, while others find fulfillment in intangible rewards, such as:


- Emotional connections

- A sense of purpose

- Personal growth


The Difference Between Tangible and Intangible Benefits

Tangible benefits are concrete rewards, including:


- Financial gain

- Material possessions

- Social status


In contrast, intangible benefits are abstract and emotional, encompassing:


- Feelings of value

- Appreciation

- Connection


The Impact of Expectations on Potential

When supporters demand tangible benefits that aren’t feasible, it can shatter your potential. For instance, a student seeking to advance may require support from individuals expecting intangible benefits, as they may not have immediate financial resources.


In contrast, those who find fulfillment in intangible benefits are more likely to support your cause without expecting direct rewards.


Cultivating a Supportive Community

You should understand that people are a source of value, be benevolent as much as possible you have nothing to lose. To unlock your potential, focus on building meaningful relationships with people sharing your values and passions. Recognize and appreciate the intrinsic motivations of your supporters and tailor rewards accordingly.


Ultimately, being an attractive and engaging individual is crucial for securing support. It’s not the sponsor’s behavior that matters initially, but rather how you present yourself and the benefits you offer that spark meaningful engagements.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

It’s Not The End Of The World

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga    This story is based on a true story and I have edited names so that someone is inspired out there. Resilience makes great changes in people's lives, don't commit Suicide     Fadzai sat on the edge of her bed, feeling empty and defeated. She had never felt so alone in her life. Thomas’s brief and dismissive response on the phone had left her reeling. She thought about her daughter, Rungano, who was now misbehaving at school, and how she was struggling to cope with the absence of her father.   Thomas had gone to South Africa for greener pastures leaving Fadzai with their only daughter behind. The plan was to relocate to South Africa as soon as Thomas had settled. In the first six months Thomas supported Fadzai with groceries, school fees and rentals. A shift began after Thomas had started seeing other women in South Africa. Thomas started sending money enough for rentals, school fees and a few groceries. The...