Skip to main content

Reality, Seldom But Won’t Forget to Visit

 






Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga 


Deception is easy to spread. A word that is untrue is very easy to share and easy to believe. Facts usually take time to verify, and often they’re countered by lies spreading before. By the time facts are ready, lies would have caused enough damage, and it becomes difficult to change. So, words that spread fast should be treated with suspicion.


The aftermath of deception is where reality visits, leaving scars and lessons. It’s in the broken trust, the lost opportunities, and the shattered reputations. Reality may be slow to arrive, but its impact is profound, reminding us that truth, though delayed, will ultimately prevail.


Deception VS Facts


The contrast between deception and facts is stark:


1. Deception spreads like wildfire, often gaining traction before truth catches up.

2. Facts, on the other hand, build gradually, relying on evidence and verification.

3. Deception often thrives on sensationalism, exploiting emotions with juicy gossip or defamatory claims.

4. Facts focus on issues, providing balanced perspectives without resorting to personal attacks.


Let’s refine our approach to information sharing and discourse by prioritizing facts, critical thinking, and responsible communication. By doing so, we can create a more informed and thoughtful environment for meaningful conversations and decision-making. When the truth finally finds itself, we’ll stand on solid ground, guided by evidence and integrity, ensuring we won’t be found on the wrong side.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Guiltiness Makes You The Weaker

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga When you are guilty, you become weaker than the one you wronged. This is because guilt can lead to feelings of vulnerability, defensiveness, and anxiety, ultimately eroding your confidence and power in relationships. Avoid being on the wrong side of expectations. When you fail to meet expectations, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can damage trust and credibility. This can lead to feelings of resentment and anger from others. Do not raise hopes that you will comply. Being transparent and honest about your intentions and capabilities is crucial. Avoid making promises or commitments that you may not be able to keep, as this can lead to disappointment and mistrust. It’s good to be open during deliberations. Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship or negotiation. Being transparent about your thoughts, feelings, and intentions can help build trust and foster constructive dialogue. Key principles to uphold: 1. Be firm...