Skip to main content

Lyrics Dzinza Ndiyani/Ngubani Isizwe

 




Dzinza Ndiyani/Ngubani Isizwe 


Intro Choral


Global connections, African foundation.

Global connections, African foundations  

Global connections, African foundations

Global connections, African foundations  


Verse 1

Africa, listen, I am warning you Africa, listen. 

What flows in your blood is eternal 

The advice is yours 

Don't curse your tribe 

Be proud of your mother tongue 

Don't abandon the Ubuntu culture


Chorus

Do you know your tribe?

Do you know your tribe?

Do you know your tribe?

Do you know your tribe?


Verse 2

Some believe tribal lines are evil 

What is your understanding.

People who carried your seed

 Fought to preserve life 

Through feminines so that today you live


What is your understanding of people who carried your seed fought to preserve life through feminines so that today you live


Poetry

Mzilikazi showed his bravery and moved his people from Mfecane to establish the Ndebele tribe. The entire tribe could have perished at the hands of Chaka Zulu in the struggle of the time.


Third Verse

The ancestor you despise 

Initiated traits

That are your resilience 

Which urges you in business 

You have a DNA from them

It’s now you duty

Work hard and leave a legacy


Pre Chorus

You choose to ridicle

You choose to ridicle 

You choose to ridicle

You choose to ridicle


Chorus 

Do you know your tribe?

Do you know your tribe?

Do you know your tribe?

Do you know your tribe?


Cut Off

Global connections, African foundation.

Global connections, African foundations  

Global connections, African foundations

Global connections, African foundations


YouTube link 👇🏽

https://youtu.be/VKCyC6Cmo4g?si=56c-N-dNOFpwjNZt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Guiltiness Makes You The Weaker

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga When you are guilty, you become weaker than the one you wronged. This is because guilt can lead to feelings of vulnerability, defensiveness, and anxiety, ultimately eroding your confidence and power in relationships. Avoid being on the wrong side of expectations. When you fail to meet expectations, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can damage trust and credibility. This can lead to feelings of resentment and anger from others. Do not raise hopes that you will comply. Being transparent and honest about your intentions and capabilities is crucial. Avoid making promises or commitments that you may not be able to keep, as this can lead to disappointment and mistrust. It’s good to be open during deliberations. Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship or negotiation. Being transparent about your thoughts, feelings, and intentions can help build trust and foster constructive dialogue. Key principles to uphold: 1. Be firm...