Skip to main content

It’s A Shared Liability To Marry Or Divorce

 



Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga 


Each partner plays a significant role in deciding to marry or divorce. Marriage’s complexity demands mutual contribution, consent, and willingness to discharge complementary roles. Success or failure stems from both partners, either through commission or omission.


Rather than placing blame, recognizing shared liability is crucial. Understanding this dynamic enables couples to build stronger relationships.


Key Aspects of a Successful Marriage


1. Vision: Sharing common goals and direction. Life’s purpose is finding balance between predecessors and future generations, making every moment count.

2. Communication: Open, honest, and effective exchange of thoughts and feelings. No assumptions, every aspect requires discussion.

3. Compromise: Finding mutually beneficial solutions. Rigidity worsens relationships; meeting each other’s interests fosters compromise.

4. Working Together/Complimentary Roles: Collaborating and valuing each other’s strengths. Like an engine’s antagonistic mechanism, complementary roles drive progress.

5. Oneness: Unity, trust, and deep connection. Unity is key to a harmonious relationship.


The Importance of Time and Persistence


Marriage takes time to develop and nurture. Couples must work through challenges, build trust, and refine communication skills. Acknowledging relationships evolve over time helps couples approach difficulties with a long-term perspective.


Breaking the Blame Cycle


When marriages fail, it’s often due to lack of awareness or understanding of one’s role. Self-reflection and personal growth are essential. Recognizing contributions to relationship challenges helps individuals build healthier partnerships.


By embracing shared liability and working together, couples can create a strong foundation for a lasting and fulfilling relationship.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Guiltiness Makes You The Weaker

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga When you are guilty, you become weaker than the one you wronged. This is because guilt can lead to feelings of vulnerability, defensiveness, and anxiety, ultimately eroding your confidence and power in relationships. Avoid being on the wrong side of expectations. When you fail to meet expectations, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can damage trust and credibility. This can lead to feelings of resentment and anger from others. Do not raise hopes that you will comply. Being transparent and honest about your intentions and capabilities is crucial. Avoid making promises or commitments that you may not be able to keep, as this can lead to disappointment and mistrust. It’s good to be open during deliberations. Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship or negotiation. Being transparent about your thoughts, feelings, and intentions can help build trust and foster constructive dialogue. Key principles to uphold: 1. Be firm...