Skip to main content

Confronting Troubles Advance Strength

 




Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga 


Everything under the sun has limitations. Even the most feared creatures, like snakes, have their own fears and vulnerabilities. A snake's strength is matched by the bravery of those who dare to confront it. Similarly, human weakness often stems from a failure to study and understand the world around us. Many people cling to myths and misconceptions, leaving them ill-prepared to face challenges.


When trouble arises, the chances of defeat increase. However, by studying the limitations of the threats we face, we can find the strength to overcome them. Conflict is inevitable, and trouble can emerge from unexpected places. Just as farmers prepare for erratic rains by building water reservoirs, we must prepare for life's challenges.


Learning From Others


One way to prepare is to learn from others' experiences. By taking their pain as our own, we can devise solutions to mitigate trouble before it meets us. We can assume we're in trouble, so when real trouble comes, we're spared or better equipped to handle it.


Learning From Ourselves


The proverb "once beaten, twice shy" suggests that we should learn from our own defeats. Trouble shouldn't always leave us broken; instead, we should stand against it and emerge stronger. Strength comes from overcoming challenges, and those who solve problems and wait for the next challenge are the truly strong.


Conclusion


In the end, confronting troubles is what advances our strength. By studying limitations, learning from others, and learning from our own experiences, we can build resilience and overcome challenges. Don't wait for trouble to find you – prepare, learn, and grow. As the strong would say, "Trouble is not the end; it's an opportunity to rise again, wiser and stronger.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Guiltiness Makes You The Weaker

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga When you are guilty, you become weaker than the one you wronged. This is because guilt can lead to feelings of vulnerability, defensiveness, and anxiety, ultimately eroding your confidence and power in relationships. Avoid being on the wrong side of expectations. When you fail to meet expectations, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can damage trust and credibility. This can lead to feelings of resentment and anger from others. Do not raise hopes that you will comply. Being transparent and honest about your intentions and capabilities is crucial. Avoid making promises or commitments that you may not be able to keep, as this can lead to disappointment and mistrust. It’s good to be open during deliberations. Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship or negotiation. Being transparent about your thoughts, feelings, and intentions can help build trust and foster constructive dialogue. Key principles to uphold: 1. Be firm...