Skip to main content

Lucky Kumene To Heads-up Fans Of Upcoming Album at Eastpoint.

 




This year should be named Sungura Rejuvenated. It all started with the King himself Alick Macheso. He set the pace with his Album Tinosvitswa Kure, the over subscribed album launch at Aquatic Complex sent confidence that Sungura is still alive.


After a couple of years struggling, sungura music is making headlines again. Dancehall had been dominating with the late Soul Jah Love, Winky D, Killer T giving sungura musicians a run for their money. The way Killer T revolved the Dancehall lyrics to relate with people's day to day living made Dancehall music acceptable to all ages.


The winds are kind of balanced now, sungura has resurfaced with Alick Macheso leading while Mark Ngwazi, Romeo Gasa pursue. 


Lucky Kumene is busy replenishing his armoury to apprehend the hype while it lasts. Today 14 October Lucky Kumene is playing at Eastpoint, this show is kind of a rehearsal to his album launch to follow in December at the same venue. 


Lucky Kumene is an underrated sungura kingpin. Lucky has always enjoyed fair crowds wherever he plays with his band. The Kavhiri Kendege singer has his own style though he sometimes emulate the late Leonard Dembo and the late Utakataka Boss Tongai Moyo.


The fans of Dembo and Dhewa envy Kumene, I was privileged to hear some of them in a WhatsApp group we discuss music issues.  The fans are saying Kumene should be the next successor of this genre, his compositions and music arrangements are out of this world. 



 Shot re-ipapo Album launch is going to be held on the 10th of Dec 2022 at Eastpoint. It’s an event that is going to close the Sungura rejuvenation year. Lucky Kumene wants magetho youths to say Lucky Kumene is good (Kumene azvivharisa). FMMS JOURNALS


https://chat.whatsapp.com/JAcN41U5f8dBxnazGrzOfX the

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Guiltiness Makes You The Weaker

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga When you are guilty, you become weaker than the one you wronged. This is because guilt can lead to feelings of vulnerability, defensiveness, and anxiety, ultimately eroding your confidence and power in relationships. Avoid being on the wrong side of expectations. When you fail to meet expectations, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can damage trust and credibility. This can lead to feelings of resentment and anger from others. Do not raise hopes that you will comply. Being transparent and honest about your intentions and capabilities is crucial. Avoid making promises or commitments that you may not be able to keep, as this can lead to disappointment and mistrust. It’s good to be open during deliberations. Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship or negotiation. Being transparent about your thoughts, feelings, and intentions can help build trust and foster constructive dialogue. Key principles to uphold: 1. Be firm...