Skip to main content

Tanda Shiri: Mai Marimo’s Latest Musical Offering

 


Own Correspondent 


Mai Marimo, whose real name is Jane Stovring, is launching her latest album, Tanda Shiri, on 30 November at Tanza Center in Chitungwiza. The album is a culmination of her talent, which was discovered later in life.

Mai Marimo's journey into music began after she retired from her accounting job. With the support of her husband, Jorn Stovring, she has released six albums, including Daka Regore, Shungu dzangu, Kumusha ne Christmas, Chikonzero, Makasa, and Simba mukaka.

Tanda Shiri, her latest offering, is a rich and culturally significant album that showcases Mai Marimo's growth as an artist. The title track, Tanda Shiri, features thought-provoking lyrics that urge society to protect its valuables. Other songs on the album, such as Ndisungei, Dai ndakaziva Ndipeiwo Simba, Kuenda Humbangu, Muroora, promote good morals and motivation.

Mai Marimo's music is a testament to her dedication and passion for her craft. Despite her age, she exudes energy and charisma on stage, inspiring her audience with her danceable melodies.

In an interview, Mai Marimo shared her journey into music, stating that she only discovered her talent after retiring from her accounting job. When asked about separating her business and music, she replied that she has employees who handle her business affairs, allowing her to focus on her music.

Mai Marimo promised her fans that they can expect new songs with meaningful messages from her latest album. She also hinted at holding live shows in the future, which have become a reliable source of income lately.


Comments

  1. Well done Mum. So proud of you. Wish l was there to celebrate this milestone with you. Live your dream❤️💕. Love you ,
    Your babygirl Dorothy Mucheriwa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Guiltiness Makes You The Weaker

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga When you are guilty, you become weaker than the one you wronged. This is because guilt can lead to feelings of vulnerability, defensiveness, and anxiety, ultimately eroding your confidence and power in relationships. Avoid being on the wrong side of expectations. When you fail to meet expectations, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can damage trust and credibility. This can lead to feelings of resentment and anger from others. Do not raise hopes that you will comply. Being transparent and honest about your intentions and capabilities is crucial. Avoid making promises or commitments that you may not be able to keep, as this can lead to disappointment and mistrust. It’s good to be open during deliberations. Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship or negotiation. Being transparent about your thoughts, feelings, and intentions can help build trust and foster constructive dialogue. Key principles to uphold: 1. Be firm...