Skip to main content

Jah Prayzer And Andy Muridzo Challenged By Gushungo’s New Offering Ndidane

 





Gushungo was inspired by earlier music Jah Prayzer and Andy Muridzo played. The likes of Goto and Tsotsa from Jah Prayzer and Andy Muridzo respectively. Gushungo insists these songs resonated well with our Zimbabwean tradition, and he went further to state how important they helped the cognition of our own environment before the rest of the world.





Gushungo asserted that he is not chasing fame because it will serve him alone, unlike many of his counterparts who have opted for trending beats on the international scene. His wish Gushungo is to serve the people of Zimbabwe. Gushungo reminded me that our traditional music is useful for meditation besides the rich entertainment in it too. So he would rather mend souls unlike having songs that top charts for his own glory.


The world music market has seen the rise of copycats who want to capitalise on already set audiences. The likes of Bob Marley, Lucky Dube were shrewd with their sound and they led music lovers worldwide to follow their creativeness. Posthumously their music lives on. Gushungo would like to walk similarly to the reggae greats and sell traditional music all over the world.





Ndidane is a ten track album that was recorded by Maselo, it is going to be launched on the 19th of August 2021 at the HICC through the Gateway Live Streaming platform. Peter Moyo, Amadhuve Sasha, Diana Samukange and Baba Harare are some of the artists lined up to support Gushungo's Album launch.



Comments

  1. Knowing our roots helps us to curve our correct path as a people

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience: The Key to Navigating Life's Challenges

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga (FFF)   Life's no paradise – resources are scarce, competition's tough, and adversity's constant. But it's how we respond that defines us. Resilience is the ability to bounce back, to sweep away trouble and hold firm to gains. I once had a business in my 20s that did well in the short run, but when I sought support from a wealthy relative to expand, I was labelled lazy. I fought back, true to their word I became unpopular. Later, I realised people look at what you've achieved, not what you promise. I refocused, sought trusted support, and bounced back – refuting allegations of laziness. Each challenge's a battle; each win builds confidence. You don't start winning big battles, but small wins accumulate. Employers seek elasticity; vision falls on resilient people. As I was ridiculed and falsely accused, I gained favour with people in good time. Adversity may conquer, but bouncing back is resilience. Life's short. Elastic...

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic...

Guiltiness Makes You The Weaker

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga When you are guilty, you become weaker than the one you wronged. This is because guilt can lead to feelings of vulnerability, defensiveness, and anxiety, ultimately eroding your confidence and power in relationships. Avoid being on the wrong side of expectations. When you fail to meet expectations, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can damage trust and credibility. This can lead to feelings of resentment and anger from others. Do not raise hopes that you will comply. Being transparent and honest about your intentions and capabilities is crucial. Avoid making promises or commitments that you may not be able to keep, as this can lead to disappointment and mistrust. It’s good to be open during deliberations. Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship or negotiation. Being transparent about your thoughts, feelings, and intentions can help build trust and foster constructive dialogue. Key principles to uphold: 1. Be firm...