Skip to main content

Kobiri Speaks His Heart Out On The Economic Hardships Zimbabweans Are Facing





The 22nd of  December is known for the Unity Accord that was signed in 1987 by our great political leaders both late, Joshua Nkomo and Robert Mugabe who led ZAPU PF and ZANU PF respectively. Ever since it has been celebrated as a public holiday. The Unity Day coincided with KOBIRI The Protest Musician’s birthday. Fred Farai Nyakudanga FFF caught up with Kobiri while celebrating.



FFF: What is your burning desire about the situation Zimbabweans are going through now?


Kobiri: It is my Prayer that the situation back home returns to normal, my heart melts every time I follow what’s going on back home, it's tough and the situation is worsening.



FFF: As a musician yourself what measures have you taken to help your fellow countrymen?


Kobiri: As a Musician and an Entrepreneur, I have tried to call upon my fellow artists who are influential to use their louder voices to raise the plight of the masses for consideration with authorities. I have also on record times advised fellow artists to diversify so that they are not dependent on music and art alone. Art is paying just a few artists who have attractive followers. 



FFF: Do you believe Zimbabwe will rise again?


Kobiri:  I believe Zimbabwe will rise again, no situation is permanent in life, we must soldier on  speaking with one voice in situations bedevilling us, results will come easy.



FFF: Did you relocate to South Africa with your family?



Kobiri:  Yes I took my family to SA, some of my children are schooling in Namibia the other two are in the UK, I left my mother in Zimbabwe and a lot of relatives of my extended families. Zimbabwe my home, I love Zimbabwe, God bless my Zimbabwe.



FFF: Do you have plans to settle back in Zimbabwe?


Kobiri: I have plans to settle back home, I am slowly investing back home with the little savings from my earnings. I am growing older, so my plans are to retire at a farm with calm environments. I dream of a farm with a lot of animals. A place where my grandchild will have space together with my family.



FFF: Do you have anything new for your fans, since your last single Dambudzo you seem to have hung your boots?


Kobiri: Yes I have some recording going on, I will release a single first in January 2022 then an album towards March 2022. The single is encouraging Zimbabweans in diaspora to invest back home in Zimbabwe.



FFF: Are there any protest songs your fans can expect?


Kobiri: There is a Collaboration with Baba Hosaya Chipanga, expect fireworks. It’s a mixture of philosophy and protest. We are discouraging invasion of land from fellow black people.



YOU can contact Kobiri on

https://wa.me/27611678539

Comments

  1. If we can't speak ,who shall speak for us,or we shall be led silently to the Slaughter house like Sheep 🐑.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My obituary to Rev E Kamupira

      Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga   Rev E Kamupira was my childhood model of Christianity, his teachings resonated well and shaped my beliefs. I knew Rev E Kamupira since my Sunday School days at St Stephens Chitungwiza Circuit. Sundays weren’t   the same each time Rev Kamupira came to preach.   Rev Kamupira was a product of United Methodist Church crusade of teachings though he had a Pentecostal touch that kind of made him popular   within and without of United Methodist Church. His fearless gospel suited well with congregants in an independent Zimbabwe.   From hearing   his teachings far away from the terraces I ended up privileged sharing the same church with Rev Kamupira in Waterfalls. I had also rose to a promising Administrator in the United Methodist Church. I had a mutual relationship with Elison Kamupira. We discussed our church current affairs and shared the gospel. Rev Kamupira was a very respectful person who always put others before him.   The chur

It’s Not The End Of The World

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga    This story is based on a true story and I have edited names so that someone is inspired out there. Resilience makes great changes in people's lives, don't commit Suicide     Fadzai sat on the edge of her bed, feeling empty and defeated. She had never felt so alone in her life. Thomas’s brief and dismissive response on the phone had left her reeling. She thought about her daughter, Rungano, who was now misbehaving at school, and how she was struggling to cope with the absence of her father.   Thomas had gone to South Africa for greener pastures leaving Fadzai with their only daughter behind. The plan was to relocate to South Africa as soon as Thomas had settled. In the first six months Thomas supported Fadzai with groceries, school fees and rentals. A shift began after Thomas had started seeing other women in South Africa. Thomas started sending money enough for rentals, school fees and a few groceries. The plan to relocate the

The Power of Family Influence

  Written by Fred Farai Nyakudanga The African proverb "charity begins at home" takes on a deeper meaning when we consider the profound impact of family on our lives. As I reflect on my own experiences, I realize that the values, beliefs, and behaviors we learn from our families shape us in ways that are both visible and invisible.   As a former restaurant manager, I noticed that people's behavior in public spaces was often a reflection of their home environment. Some patrons would leave the toilet spotless, while others would leave it in disarray. The effort we put into maintaining hygiene in our kitchens is often mirrored in our public behavior. This observation led me to realize that our family's influence extends far beyond our childhood years.   Our parents' behavior, expectations, and values are imprinted on us from a young age. We mimic their actions, adopt their beliefs, and internalize their criticisms. As we grow older, we begin to make choic